Are you passionate about nurturing creativity in young minds? Marian Catholic College invites dedicated and qualified TAS teachers to apply for this permanent, full-time position with the potential for a 1-point Leadership position for the right applicant to commence in 2024. The successful applicant must have the ability to teach Food Technology / Hospitality.
About the Opportunity:
At Marian Catholic College, we are on the lookout for enthusiastic educators who share our commitment to fostering positive learning experiences for every student. As a TAS Teacher, your role will be dynamic and fulfilling. Here's what you can expect:
- Structure lessons to meet the physical, social and intellectual development and characteristics of your students;
- Cultivate a safe, inclusive, and stimulating learning environment while implementing effective behaviour management strategies.
- Ensure timely assessment task notifications according to the assessment schedule.
- Maintain meticulous records of student achievements.
- Bring a wealth of pedagogical knowledge and insight into how students engage with the subject matter, enhancing the learning and teaching process.
- Embrace creativity and constructive collaboration within and beyond the school community while setting high, attainable goals for both yourself and your students.
To excel in this rewarding role, you should align with the core values of Marian Catholic College and possess:
- Current qualifications and experience teaching Food Technology.
- Qualifications (or currently studying) to teach Hospitality
- Proficiency in ICT, with a willingness to incorporate technology into your teaching when appropriate.
- Strong organisational skills to meet reporting deadlines.
- Exceptional communication and coordination abilities, reporting, and administrative tasks.
- The ability to motivate students and instil a lifelong love for learning.
- Aptitude for crafting effective assessment techniques and the flexibility to differentiate learning activities.
- A knack for teamwork and a commitment to actively contributing to the Marian Community.
- A dedication to continuous improvement in teaching practices and a proactive pursuit of professional development opportunities.
Qualifications and Accreditations:
We uphold the highest standards of child protection and education. To be eligible for this role, you must have:
- Clearance for child-related employment through a valid Working with Children Check.
- Eligibility to teach in accordance with the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA).
- Relevant tertiary qualifications.
Marian Catholic College Kenthurst is a close-knit community with a family atmosphere, where parents, students, and staff come together as one. We are a co-educational, comprehensive Catholic secondary school within the Diocese of Parramatta, serving approximately 1000 students in Years 7 to 12. Our teaching community is dedicated to delivering an innovative curriculum tailored to our students' interests and needs.
We believe in our employees' vital role in our organisation and strive to attract top talent. Our commitment to quality, faith-based education makes us an Employer of Choice in our sector. We encourage inclusion, value individual contributions, and champion quality education, innovation, and inspiration for our students.
This role involves direct interaction with children. Appointment is contingent upon satisfactory child-related employment screening, including a valid Working with Children Check. Additionally, adherence to CSPD's Child Safeguarding Procedures and Code of Conduct When Working With Students and Children is mandatory. For detailed information, please visit The Office of The Children's Guardian website.
If you aspire to work in any of the schools within the Diocese, whether as a casual, temporary, or full-time employee, you must be classified with the CSPD. If you haven't been classified yet, please complete the online registration process for teachers on the CSPD website.
We are committed to promoting the safety and well-being of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and those from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds. We strongly encourage applications from these groups.
Applicants from non-religious backgrounds are welcome to apply, provided they are willing to support the Catholic ethos.
If you are determined to make a difference and want to join a diverse organisation dedicated to transforming the lives of our students, ensure you submit your application.
Begin your journey now by clicking on the APPLY button! Applications close 8 October, 2023.
Please include in your application your:
- NESA number
- CSPD PIN (if applicable)
- HRTC number (if no PIN, complete online registration to get your HRTC number)
- WWC number and expiry date, or upload your WWC Clearance Letter.