The Catholic Schools Parramatta Dioceseis looking for a skilled, contemporary and passionate Secondary Teacher to be part of our school community and enrich the lives of our students.
Key focus areas
The Secondary Teacher will fit the following criteria:
-Extensive pedagogical knowledge base and understanding of how the identified subject areas are learned, what affects students’ opportunities to learn the subject matter and how the learning and teaching of the subject matter can be enhanced.
-Understanding of how to differentiate learning to cater for students needs in order to maximise student learning.
-Sound understanding of the learning environments, lesson plans, use of technology, teaching practices and delivery of assessment and learning feedback.
-Committed to the continual improvement of their teaching practice and take opportunities for personal professional development.
-Work creatively and constructively within a range of 'communities' inside and beyond the school and set high, achievable goals for themselves and their students.
-Able to motivate students to achieve and to develop a life-long love of learning.
The successful candidate will also possess the following skills and/or experience:
Penola Catholic College is a Year 7-12 co-educational College centred on quality contemporary learning practices around the values of St Mary of the Cross MacKillop.
The College requires a permanent full-time Mathematics teacher to teach across Years 7-10.
The commencement date for this permanent full-time position for the successful applicant will be the beginning of 2024 Term 1.
- Appropriate qualifications and experience to teach Mathematics from Years 7-10
- The ability to work collaboratively in a team in developing engaging teaching and learning pedagogies in programs and assessment
- Committed to building a learning culture of high expectations and innovative pedagogical practices that are research based
- Strong communication, organisational and time management skills to meet the needs of all learners
- Desire to be part of an innovative and creative contemporary teaching and learning KLA team
- Be committed to the Catholic ethos, faith formation and transformation learning goals of the College.
- The ability to teach Religious Education would be seen as advantageous to this position.
The applicant must submit with their application the following:
- A current CV and cover letter addressing the position criteria
- Qualification transcripts and professional experience reports (if applicable)
- Nominated professional referees, must be three
- Current Working with Children’s Check
- Detail other teaching subject areas.
Please respond to the above selection criteria in your cover letter.
Catholic Schools Parramatta Diocese provides quality learning and teaching in a faith-centred environment across 80 primary and secondary schools and within early learning and out of school hours care centres in Western Sydney.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child-related employment including the completion of a National Police Check, retention of a valid Working with Children Check and adoption and compliance with CSPD'S Child Safeguarding Procedures and Code of Conduct When Working With Students and Children.
CSPD promotes the safety and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, and children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, as well as people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Successful Candidates for all positions at CSPD must have a valid Working With Children Check. For more information, please visit The Office of The Children’s Guardian here.