At Gilroy Catholic College, we provide personalised learning experiences to meet the individual needs of each student. Teaching and learning across all faculties encourages critical thinking, creativity, collaboration, problem solving, and independent learning. We provide experiential and enquiry-based learning opportunities enabling our students to develop the skills, knowledge and understanding to succeed in a changing world.
Catholic Education Diocese of Parramatta (CEDP) has more than 5000 passionate employees located across its 80 primary and secondary schools. Our aim is to transform the learning and unlock the full potential of each of our 43,500 students.
We offer our employees a value-based, supportive work environment where they are encouraged to innovate and develop personally and professionally.
About the opportunity:
We are seeking a Secondary Teacher to support our English faculty. Our curriculum is rich and diverse and we offer learning spaces designed for the 21st century learner. The campus is expanding and seeking enthusiastic teachers that can deliver the specific curriculum, amongst other subject areas. More specifically you will:
- Actively live and promote the College Mission, vision and values with a focus on developing responsible Christian Learners.
- Actively support the College goals
- Successfully teach English
- Work effectively as part of the English faculty team
- Use data to support improved student learning outcomes
- Differentiate learning to meet diverse learning needs
Please respond to the above criteria in your cover letter.
To be successful in this highly rewarding role you will demonstrate alignment to the core purpose and values of CEDP along with:
- Inspiring a love of learning in your students
- Being engaging and innovative
- Demonstrating a commitment to unleashing the potential of each student
- Active listening skills and the ability to engage with and builds strong positive relationships with members of the school community including employees, students and parents
- The ability to cater for students with diverse backgrounds, needs and abilities
- You maintain industry currency, share your passion for learning and are an expert in your field
Qualifications and accreditations:
- Compliance with NSW Child Protection Legislation - Working with Children Check clearance
- Eligibility according to the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA)
- Tertiary Qualification (minimum 4-year degree)
- Statements of Service
We believe that our employee community is a key strength of our organisation and we aim to attract the best talent to achieve our strategic goal of being leaders in quality, faith-based education and an Employer of Choice in our sector. Our leaders create inclusive teams and value the individual contributions of our employees. We champion quality education and lead the way in innovation and inspiring the future. We also offer competitive remuneration, salary packaging, parental leave, flexible work, wellbeing programs and professional development.
CEDP promotes the safety and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, and children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, as well as people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds.
If you are determined to make a difference and want to join a diverse organisation committed to transforming lives through faith-based education, click on the APPLY button. To find out more about CEDP go to https://www.parra.catholic.edu.au/ or follow us on LinkedIn.
All applications are to include a cover letter, curriculum vitae and three (3) current professional referees. If applicants are currently working in a school the Principal must be one of the referees. All referees listed must also include a mobile phone number as well as work numbers.
Please include your University accreditation, registration details with the CEDP and NESA, please also provide a copy of your current Working With Children Check Number with expiry date. To apply for classification with CEDP, click here