The Catholic Education Diocese of Parramatta is looking for a skilled, contemporary and passionate Secondary Teacher to be part of our school community and enrich the lives of our students.
Key focus areas
The Secondary Teacher will fit the following criteria:
-Extensive pedagogical knowledge base and understanding of how the identified subject areas are learned, what affects students’ opportunities to learn the subject matter and how the learning and teaching of the subject matter can be enhanced.
-Understanding of how to differentiate learning to cater for students needs in order to maximise student learning.
-Sound understanding of the learning environments, lesson plans, use of technology, teaching practices and delivery of assessment and learning feedback.
-Committed to the continual improvement of their teaching practice and take opportunities for personal professional development.
-Work creatively and constructively within a range of 'communities' inside and beyond the school and set high, achievable goals for themselves and their students.
-Able to motivate students to achieve and to develop a life-long love of learning.
The successful candidate will also possess the following skills and/or experience:
- A deep understanding and commitment to the mission and purpose of the Catholic school within the broader Catholic church.
- Effective interpersonal skills and the capacity to work as part of a teacher learning community.
- Have experience using formative assessment.
- Successfully teach Stage 6 CAFS and PDHPE.
- Be committed to collaborative practice.
- Use data to support improved student learning outcomes.
- Differentiate learning to meet diverse learning needs.
- Have completed or in the process of completing classification with the CEDP.
- Have a current Working With Children Check.
Please respond to the above selection criteria in your cover letter.
Catholic Education within the Diocese of Parramatta provides quality learning and teaching in a faith-centred environment in its primary and secondary schools and for early learning and out of school hours care centres in western Sydney. One of the largest employers in western Sydney, Catholic Education's recruitment, selection and appointment processes reflect its purpose and intent, and that is to provide quality Catholic schooling by strengthening the professional lives of staff, and to improve the learning outcomes for each student within a Catholic faith community.