Permanent Full Time - 1 Point English Assistant Coordinator
Job no: 498113
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Catherine McAuley - Westmead
Catherine McAuley Westmead is looking for a skilled, contemporary and passionate Secondary English Teacher to be part of our school community and enrich the lives of our students.
Teachers within the Diocese are responsible to the Principal and shares in the learning and teaching of subject matters to students of the school community. Teachers are responsible for delivering high quality contemporary learning and teaching for the community they serve which is embedded in the Catholic world view. It is a collaborative ministry of witness and service and part of the evangelising mission of the Church.
Key focus areas
The Secondary English Teacher will fit the following criteria:
- Capability to teach all English courses in Years 7-12, including Extension courses
- Extensive pedagogical knowledge base and understanding of how English is learned, what affects students’ opportunities to learn English and how the learning and teaching of English can be enhanced.
- Understanding of how to differentiate learning to cater for students needs in order to maximise student learning.
- Sound understanding of the learning environments, lesson plans, use of technology, teaching practices and delivery of assessment and learning feedback.
- Committed to the continual improvement of their teaching practice and take opportunities for personal professional development.
- Work creatively and constructively within a range of 'communities' inside and beyond the school and set high, achievable goals for themselves and their students.
- Able to motivate students to achieve and to develop a life-long love of learning.
- Work with the English Coordinator to develop teacher capacity in English content and pedagogy to improve student outcomes.
- Have ability to analyse and reflect on data, including HSC results, and implement practices to improve student learning.
Catholic Education within the Diocese of Parramatta provides quality learning and teaching in a faith-centred environment in its primary and secondary schools and for early learning and out of school hours care centres in western Sydney. One of the largest employers in western Sydney, Catholic Education's recruitment, selection and appointment processes reflect its purpose and intent, and that is to provide quality Catholic schooling by strengthening the professional lives of staff, and to improve the learning outcomes for each student within a Catholic faith community.
How to Apply
Candidates should download the position description and read the candidate information guide on how to submit applications. Please state which role you are applying for in your covering letter.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a working with childrens' check. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend