Early Childhood Teacher
Job no: 497445
Work type: Temporary Part Time
Location: CELC - Blessed John XXIII Stanhope Gardens
Categories: Teaching, Early Learning / Out of School Hours Care
The Catholic Early Learning Centre (CELC) Teacher works within the Catholic Early Learning Centre. Catholic Early Learning Centres deliver preschool services in accordance with the required care and educational programs on an inclusive basis to teach, facilitate and guide young people’s learning based on Christian values in the Catholic tradition in a multi denominational pre-school setting. CELCs work with key Catholic Education Office staff to ensure efficient operation of the preschool educational program and to assist the CELC Director to maintain ongoing registration of the preschool.
This is a temporary Part-time position working 3 days per week, concluding 3 July 2020.
Key accountabilities are:
- Establish and maintain positive, productive and respectful relationships with children, families and staff and promote a healthy and caring preschool environment.
- Proactively support the CELC Director in the provision of quality innovative preschool services, in implementation and review of the CELC’s Quality Improvement Plan, compliance with the Education and Care Services National Regulations and with CELC policies and procedures.
- Plan, coordinate and implement the approved CELC curriculum in consultation with the CELC Director and deliver the day-to- day educational programs of the CELC through the engagement of effective team planning, critical program reflection and evaluation.
- Stimulate children’s learning based on Catholic values and traditions, while fostering prayer and activities for the children in accordance with the teachings of the Church.
- Engage in professional learning in order to keep up to date with the underpinning principles of Reggio Emilia and other well-founded early childhood educational theory and practice and current legislative requirements.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend