Acting Religious Education Coordinator
Job no: 493679
Work type: Temporary Full Time
Location: St Joseph's Primary School - Kingswood, Catholic Education Diocese of Parramatta
Categories: School Leadership
The Religious Education Coordinator is responsible to the principal and shares in the leadership of a nominated Catholic school community by supporting the principal and leadership team. The Religious Education Coordinator exercises this responsibility by ensuring that the school delivers high quality contemporary learning and teaching for the community it serves which is embedded in the Catholic world view. It is a collaborative ministry of witness and service and part of the evangelising mission of the Church. The Religious Education Coordinator exercises this responsibility by contributing a deep knowledge of the religious education curriculum and in enhancing the liturgical, sacramental and spiritual life of the school.
- A strong commitment to the Catholic faith in practice and lifestyle, witness and modelling
- Free from any impediment to full acceptance by the church, in practice, lifestyle, witness and modelling
- Minimum of four years professional qualification in education
- Substantial currency in Religious Education pedagogy and knowledge of Religious Education curriculum
- Accreditation to teach Religious Education and completion of Master's of Religious Education/Theology or commitment to complete within four years of appointment
- An understanding of contemporary learning theory and practice, and an ability to ensure this is in evidence in the teaching within the school
- Capacity to challenge and lead a school community that gives witness to the Catholic faith and its teaching and is aligned with the system strategic intent.
- Commitment to team and building relationships
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional learning and formation
Interested applicants are encouraged to download the Application Pack document which contains instructions on how to submit their applications as well as the Position Description for the role.
Suitable Candidates may be invited to an interview prior to the close date of this advertisement.
Catholic Education within the Diocese of Parramatta provides quality learning and teaching in a faith-
centred environment in its primary and secondary schools and for early learning and out of school
hours care centres in western Sydney. One of the largest employers in western Sydney, Catholic
Education's recruitment, selection and appointment processes reflect its purpose and intent, and that
is to provide quality Catholic schooling by strengthening the professional lives of staff, and to improve
the learning outcomes for each student within a Catholic faith community.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend